M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Uncommon Variants
 Advice on pictures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  09:07:12 AM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm considering buying this stock and wanted to know if it looks legit or not. It has hallow tubing. The leather and rivets look original. There are crossed cannons on the right side of the grip. It's stamped RI 3 on the bottom of the grip. IO in the stock just ahead of the mag well area. There are some other markings in the end of the stock where the barrel would lay that I can't make out. There is also a stamping on the right rear of the stock. There is no P on the back of the stock. I'm not to up on these M1A1 stocks, so I'm just curious what you guys think. Thanks in advance for your help. Link is posted with pics

You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3229 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  3:47:14 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The stock is a legit M1A1 stock. The C441 on the right side was added somewhere along the line and may be a rack number. On the left side of the grip at the top, look for a circle P there as well as the top of the stock at the rear of it.
Go to Top of Page

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  6:24:21 PM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna,
I have been looking forward to your reply , it's what I wanted to hear . Leaving in a minute to go pick it up.
Thanks again ,

Ronnie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2