M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 My new Saginaw, some questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  4:45:21 PM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my Saginaw today. It's a postwar rebuilt. Serial No. 33500xx. SG marking on left side of receiver. Barrel Inland Mfg. Div. 8-43. Barrel is BI marked. Barrel Band type III, markings Q and SU on the lug. Questions on date of manufacture and subcontractors. Any help welcome. I will post some pics as soon as possible.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3283 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  4:56:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About November 1943 for your serial number. Your carbine has been through a rebuild post war. The barrel was changed and the type 3 band added and most likely the rear sight was also change. The type 3 band is a late war replacement made under military contract with Quality Control sometime after their carbine contract ended.
Go to Top of Page

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  5:01:17 PM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Tuna. Rear sight is type III I.R.Co. 7160060. Trigger housing is marked N9 (NPM?). Operating slide is marked UN. Stock is a type V, SA birchwood. Handguard type III SA.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2