M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 CMP M1 Carbines
 STD. PRO. M1 Carbine
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RRM
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  7:15:06 PM  Show Profile Send RRM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to find the value, and interest in, my father's US Naval issue carbine.
•SN -#2001xxx
•Ordnance Wheel with Crossed Cannons R-side stock
•S J in sling well. (Jamestown Lounge Co., Jamestown, NY) Walnut Stock
•Oval sling cut, High Wood covers slide
•“S” stamp on L side of flip sight
All parts are as they were when my Dad brought it back from the south pacific. He was a Naval officer and this was his issue.
Any ideas as to collector's interest?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

hunterman3
Advanced Member

126 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  7:33:20 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Condition is a big factor so some photos would be helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3241 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  11:02:49 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your Standard Products carbine sounds like a real nice one. It would be best if you could post a few pictures of your dads carbine. As said condition is the major setter of the price of the carbine if it's all original and in nice shape you could be in the $1000 to $2000 range. Pictures would really help to pin the value down.
Go to Top of Page

RRM
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  11:45:41 PM  Show Profile Send RRM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As to condition: It was packed up when my dad left theater and was never used, restored or even cleaned more than a couple of times. So, I don't know how they're supposed to look after all these years.

I'm trying to get pictures, but everything I take seems much too dark and I'm not sure what is most important to photograph. I was a medic (and not a field one, at that) so I need some guidance on what I should photograph. Mostly I don't know how to get the best pics with the worst lighting.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3241 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2014 :  9:12:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try to take your photos outside on a sunny day. Take pictures of the whole carbine right side and one of the left. Then try to get close ups of both sides of the rear sight, the serial number area, the barrel band both sides, the acceptance stamp on the right side of the stock and maybe a close up of the markings in the sling well. Those would help for sure.
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  10:15:59 AM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and only post 3 or less each "reply" or you will have problems trying to log on in the future.
Go to Top of Page

RRM
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2014 :  4:10:44 PM  Show Profile Send RRM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't find how to post photos.
Go to Top of Page

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2014 :  5:13:33 PM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please see: GENERAL DISCUSSION/OFF TOPIC/STICKY/How to post images on the Forum. IMPORTANT: Do not post more than 3 Pictures in one replay! Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2014 :  8:31:40 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need a picture server like photobucket to host your pictures.

OGCA Lifer, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2