M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Field Gear
 Oiler question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  4:51:43 PM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had the occasion to buy 3 oiler. They are different to my other SI marked oiler. As it seems these are blued. As I learned, all oiler should been parkerized. I think one is Inland the other Winchester. But I don't know the "BK" oiler. Any help welcome.
You must be logged in to see this link.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  5:50:10 PM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone out there who can helping me with the oiler?
Go to Top of Page

BQ97
Advanced Member

476 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  7:52:31 PM  Show Profile Send BQ97 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BK is Blake Manufacturing Corp. They replacement oilers made during WWII. Early oilers are blued, later ones are parkerized. Yours appear to have been refinished.
Go to Top of Page

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  04:53:28 AM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you BQ97. I will compare with my IS oiler. Think you're right with refinished.
Go to Top of Page

hkreck
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2015 :  8:49:04 PM  Show Profile Send hkreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably a dumb question, but what are the oilers for other than holding the sling in the butt of the carbine?

Henry
Go to Top of Page

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  05:41:36 AM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As the name suggest: The oiler contains the oil for lubricating the metal parts of the carbine.
Go to Top of Page

hkreck
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile Send hkreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok kind of thought that's what it was but wanted to check. Thanks for the reply.

Henry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2