M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Underwood
 What are your thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BrotherhoodUSMC
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  4:36:54 PM  Show Profile Send BrotherhoodUSMC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been chasing after a decent M1 Carbine for some time now. I've done my fair share of research but also I don't have much experience around carbines that haven't been rebuilt to some extent. Just curious if this carbine in the link provided is something worth looking into as it is at a local gun shop in town or if it wouldn't be worth the money and I'm better off looking else where.

Edited by - jimb16 on 01/01/2014 2:55:32 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

hunterman3
Advanced Member

126 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  6:14:59 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would definitely give it a good look. Ask to disassemble it, at least get a look at the trigger housing and components. Look for import markings and take some photos of the sight (sides and top) so the guys here can give you some help. It appears to be a nice carbine.

Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3249 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be very careful of this one. It appears to be a restoration. I also wonder about the barrel date being too early for the receiver as Underwood was using the sub-contractor receivers when the barrel was dated and did the 2.9 million serial numbers in March/April 1944. It's been refinished and the front band appears to not quite fit properly. I would also want close up photos of all sides of the rear sight. What I have seen does not look quite right with it but it could be the photos too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2