M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 Saginaw M2?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

recondo08
Starting Member

Philippines
2 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  08:52:04 AM  Show Profile Send recondo08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bro, I recently acquired a Saginaw Carbine. It was marked at rear of rear sight SAGINAW SG and marked at front of rear sight 61473, however at the front of the bolt it was marked US CARBINE M2. Is there a Saginaw in M2? Thanks.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

swampmolly

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe M2 means it is a fully auto machine gun, you will need a special license to have this gun.
Sorry
SM
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  11:57:32 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your serial number is correct it would be an Inland and not an SG. If it's marked on the left side of the receiver SG then again it would most likely be an Inland. Now SG never made M2 carbines,only Inland and Winchester did but the military over stamped many M1 carbines with a 2 over the 1 during the Korean war. Look under the rear sight for the full serial number and let us know what it is and we can let you know what you have. Being an over stamp 2 over a 1 would have no problems in the Philippines like here in the US.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3115 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  9:26:01 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Swampmolly, He's in the Philipines....

OGCA Lifer, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

swampmolly

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  10:09:21 PM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bad!
I did not realize he was in the Philippines.
SM
Go to Top of Page

recondo08
Starting Member

Philippines
2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  09:30:36 AM  Show Profile Send recondo08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks bros.....im from the philippines and its legal here....thanks for the info...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2