M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 saginaw slide or fake ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  09:21:34 AM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seen a Saginaw slide with the angle top.On the bottom it is marked D-7161843 and under that is SG.I wasn't able to see what was inside the slide well,because it was a picture. I am not sure but I thought Inland and Winchester only made these slides or did they ship them to other manufactures. Thanks for any info you guys could give me

Tuna

3322 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  11:32:17 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are the only ones to use that type 6 slide BUT Inland had a contract with SG to make this slide for them as they were having some trouble making enough slides themselves as their production had increased so much. So your slide was made by SG for Inland's production of the M2 carbine.
Go to Top of Page

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you for the reply, you always help me out when i have a head scratcher,thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2