M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 Saginaw Value?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tortuga

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile Send tortuga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just looked at a very nice 3 million number Saginaw. Barrel and receiver are Saginaw and dealer claims all the rest is too, except for the stock. It has a flip sight and narrow barrel band. No bayonet lug. Stock has no marks that my cursory look could discern. No strap or oiler. Light, fairly even wear. GI 15 round mag. I forget the code. He's asking and seems to be stuck on $1295. Assuming all to be as he says, what is a ball park figure for value?

He also has one with an Underwood barrel and receiver. The rest, he says, isn't matching. Again, not too heavy wear, dark somewhat worn stock, but it looks like it could be salvaged. He said he'd take $900 for that one. Guesstimate of value?

Tuna

3322 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  10:10:00 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IF and I say IF it is all original then I would say the price is right BUT being that the stock doesn't match then it's in the $900+ range depending on over all condition. The Underwood sounds like a typical rebuilt carbine. Depending on condition I would say in the $700 to $800 range less if condition is not good.
Go to Top of Page

jlbryant
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2013 :  08:06:41 AM  Show Profile Send jlbryant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an M1 by Saginaw SG, everything seems to be original comes with the bayonet, 2 30 round clip and 3 15 round clips serial numbers and markings are readable. He has it for sale for 1000.00 is there anyway by looking at a photo if it is fact worth that price. Just need an outside opinion. Thank you Jerry Bryant, you can reach me at my email address to get a picture forwarded if you need to look at it...capehattrslightnc@gmail.com

Jerry L. Bryant
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3322 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2013 :  9:14:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it has a type 3 barrel band with the bayonet lug on it then it's not original. Saginaw Gear never used the type 3 band as they ended their contract before the type 3 band came out. Only Winchester and Inland used the type 3 band. If it has a type 3 band then it's been through a rebuild. A rebuilt carbine in good shape is in the $800 range. Add another $50 for the clips at most.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2