M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Uncommon Variants
 M1A3 and M1A4 Folding & Slideing Stocks
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eagleorder
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  2:38:51 PM  Show Profile Send eagleorder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever seen in person or handled the M1A3 folding pantograph stock listed in 1944 or the M1A4 sliding stock listed in 1952?? I have only seen actual period photos of them both.

ED

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  10:27:49 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only test pieces were ever made. None were ever issued so other then someone testing them they would never have left Inland or Springfield Armorey.
Go to Top of Page

Dick Lyon
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2013 :  06:42:00 AM  Show Profile Send Dick Lyon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a ton of questions on a M1A! I jusdt came across that looks to be an ansenal gun that was wrapped up and stored right after it was done.......Pricey too...could anyone help me as I am new to this configueration?
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2013 :  07:25:29 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi;If it has been in storage for 50-60 yrs it would be pricey, but if restored to look near original ????????????? The carbine in question needs a complete list of parts with pic's for authenticity. Their are a lot of things one needs to know about these carbines in order to judge if correct. Remember: if it looks new, it most likly is! Look for old grease in hard to clesn areas, the butplate will have a casting mark. the rivets are hollow core and will have a rolled edge[not flat]when pressed. Will not have M2 cutout and OI stamped near bridge,inside of barrel channel. Jst give it a REAL close look over and feel free to ask more questions.I hope this helps.GK

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
M1a1's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
TSMG's-R-EVEN-MORE-FUN!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2013 :  11:25:19 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you take some photos of it and post them here? We can give you a better idea about it then.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2