M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 Saganaw owner info on what I have
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tazzilla
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  12:08:52 AM  Show Profile Send tazzilla a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well here is the specs. I have a 1943 Saganaw M1 Carbine below is all the data I could find on the gun.

Front receiver stamp 18319**
Rear of Receiver below sight Saganaw SG 18319**
Rear Sight I.D. CO 7160060
Barrel Band MMO I think very hard to read
Barrel Buffalo Arms 8-1943 with cool looking ball with flame coming out of it
Bayonet Lug OW its what it looks like very hard to see
Stock Lower Springfield
Upper is Inland
Fire Control Winchester

So that what I have is it good bad normal hard to find I am clueless any info would be great. Thanks Taz

If its not broke then you have not been using it

Tuna

3322 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  12:12:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have a S'G' carbine that has gone through a typical rebuild like 98% of them have. Your barrel is most likely original to the receiver but the rest is from the post war rebuild.
Go to Top of Page

tazzilla
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  3:47:10 PM  Show Profile Send tazzilla a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tuna I paid $800 for rifle with bayonet 250 rounds of american eagle .30 ammo and 3 magazines 2 original and one who knows. I think I gat a fair deal heck retail on the ammo is $150 and Bayonet maybe $50 so rifle was $600 is the way I look at it ;) thanks aging for the input

If its not broke then you have not been using it
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3322 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  08:26:13 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you did pretty good with your purchase. Should be a good shooting carbine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2