M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Second Amendment Forum
 NRA day of influence over?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  2:21:40 PM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where was the NRA in Chicago? Bloomberg came in and easily defeated the pro gun canditate who had been expected to win. We needed them to spend some money on ads and all they could do was to give an "A" on their report card.
Also the abrasive Wayne L. needs to go.His refusal to even shake hands with the barockstar, who happenned to be the president of the U.S.A. did not help. Obama got the last laugh and is just getting started.
I am switching my support to the NAGR ( national association for gun rights) as they seem to be on message now.

Navy Vet, 03 Cruffer. Carried Garand, Carbine and 1911 in the 60's

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Don Flynn

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  03:50:56 AM  Show Profile Send Don Flynn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honest, I think too much is being read into this one race. I really doubt the white canidate would have been able to win that seat. Let Bloomberg waste his money. He'll find long term spending money in races like that will eat up his fortune.

People are starting to see Bloomberg is only about Bloomberg, nanny state. The democrats think he's on their side but forget he's anti-union....anti public schools.....

Bloomberg also knows there is no chance a new AWB will pass....thats why the full court press and making Chicago's special election seem like it's more than it is
Go to Top of Page

lefty o
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  11:14:35 PM  Show Profile Send lefty o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i wouldnt shake obamma's hand either!
Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  12:44:42 AM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bloomberg has 18 BILLION dollars. I can't believe the idiot is making exceptions to NY gun laws for action movies made in NY! These movies are what glorifies this type of shooting, full auto and never run out of bullets. Beautiful girls scantily clad with thier UZI and Glocks spraying lead every where.But don't try to purchase one of those dangerous 16 0z drinks.
And we should not underestimate the power of a nut with $18,000,000,000!

Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  12:48:35 AM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, the AWB is on the way. The Republicans can block Obama's tax hikes but they will not block new gun legislation. The worst part of the new laws will be the universal background checks, not the AWB and the Repubs will allow it to pass.
IBMer

Go to Top of Page

Don Flynn

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  11:28:30 PM  Show Profile Send Don Flynn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like everything is stalled out, even the universal background check.
Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  9:51:56 PM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don I hope you are right but I still wish the NRA would fire thier ad agency and maybe let the president (Keene?) do the talking instead of Wayne L.

Go to Top of Page

Don Flynn

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  3:00:24 PM  Show Profile Send Don Flynn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I agree with you, the NRA needs better spokesmen and needs to get it's act together.

Funny thing is the M-1 Carbine and Mini 14 ain't on Swinestiens AWB list...at least not the fixed stock ones. Ruger has any sense they'd bring a version out that would accept AR-15 mags....

Bloomberg is worth 18 billion, that doesn't mean he has that much to waste. Cash on hand last estimate he has $50 million in liquid capital....anything else he has to answer to shareholders.

He even told his one investment group NOT to divest from companies that had stock in gun makers....they are making money so he'd have to explain to those shareholders why he was doing it....

Edited by - Don Flynn on 03/06/2013 3:04:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  4:32:08 PM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My local rep here in Alabama is Sen Baccus who is on the ??? commitee ( I forgot the name of the bunch that will be deciding) and he assured me he would do all he could to protect our rights but would not answer any direct question about the background checks. I think he is out numbered by gun grabbers anyway.
Nothing to do with 2nd ammendment but I like your Idea of the Mini 14 with AR mags.

Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  6:00:14 PM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I was wrong about Bloomberg's 18 billion dollars after all. It seems he has $27,000,000,000 and plans to spend $12.000,000 on anti gun ads in 13 states. The NRA cannot touch this and if we think money won't buy votes we need to get our head out of the sand. We are in big trouble and the Repubs won't and the NRA can't help.

Go to Top of Page

caferacer

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  8:23:14 PM  Show Profile Send caferacer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the NRA can afford to match his 12 million dollar spending spree, dollar for dollar, if that's what it takes,
with current NRA memberships at record levels, the NRA is in good financial condition to take this fight to the street
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  12:55:42 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it comes down to it, and they pass a confiscation law, just don't cooperate.

Don't reply to any document they mail you! Don't even open it, just mark it return to sender.

Don't answer the door if they knock! Refuse to answer any questions! If they insist, stand by your Second and Fifth Amendment rights.

Make them prove you owned them in the first place.

Then tell them you sold them. Show phony bills of sale made out to fictional people with common names living far away from your address. Make them work hard to prove they are fake!

If all gun owners use these tactics, we'll bury them in procedure and they'll never get it done!

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin

Edited by - BEYU on 03/26/2013 3:11:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  01:21:14 AM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was what the Austrailians thought but when it came down to it they turned in their guns rather than face the severe penaltys. I will probably do the same for my familys sake but if it was just me I would fight to the end. But even then the people they send to get the guns won't be the politicians who made it all happen.
The thing the government wants now is the universal background checks. They will probably let the AWB and the magazine capacity issue go away for a while to make us think we actually won something. If the NRA does not fight the UBC with everything they have then they have let us down.

Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3139 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  10:18:49 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it is interesting that the UNs small arms treaty is in trouble. Those countries that are opposing it are Syria, North Korea and Iran! Go figure!

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler
son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  1:05:45 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe they just passed the UN arms treaty, but the opinion of most is that the US Senate will not ratify it.

We need to WATCH THEM VERY CLOSELY......

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

IBMer

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  01:57:50 AM  Show Profile Send IBMer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm watching, watching while the Repubs cave because except for Rand Paul the others are for gun control and now with Boombergs cash they do not have to worry about the NRA. The NRA spent money on 8 pro gun candidates in the last election and 7 of them lost.

Go to Top of Page

WrathChild
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  4:15:47 PM  Show Profile Send WrathChild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
who own's our asses with debt?
China.
where's all the pressure to disarm us REALLY coming from?
China.
look it up, do some research. The peoples republic is trying to collect but all of us are in the way!
"behind every blade of grass is an American with a rifle who knows how to use it"
the picture is WAY bigger than just domestic policy
Go to Top of Page

Kenn
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  9:41:46 PM  Show Profile Send Kenn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IBMer: I think the NRA was snoozing re: Chicago in the same manner as re: California. Most unsettling & tends to undermine the organisation's credibility. This is especially disconcerting when considering the salaries & benefits of NRA's upper echelon. As a life member for over a decade, I have reservations regarding from their appeals for more contributions when it seems as though they're applying funds toward diminished productivity.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2