M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Irwin-Pedersen
 I just bought a Irwin-Pedersen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

airstreamnut
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  2:32:49 PM  Show Profile Send airstreamnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I stuck my neck out...found an IP at a real world price and bought it. It's on the way to my FFL now, so I'll have a better handle on it in a couple of days. It's not a parts original gun, but rather a war used and post war mixmaster. The only part that's IP is the receiver. It wears a replacement SA barrel dated 1951, and what I think is a postwar depot replacement stock. It also has an adjustable rear sight and S G Op Slide with a whinny trigger housing. With a 178 serial, I think it's an early IP. Photos I got to see before purchasing show that its a good looking carbine. I have wanted an IP to round out the collection and since they are so expensive and hard to come by, I couldn't pass it up. I'm almost embarrassed to say what I paid, which should be on the low end these days. But it rounds out the collection except I still need an NPM.

Edited by - airstreamnut on 10/02/2012 11:22:47 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3265 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  09:34:45 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice pickup for you. Just a word of advise. What ever you do don't try to restore it as it will cost more then you can ever get back out of it. Enjoy it and the history it has.
Go to Top of Page

airstreamnut
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  10:20:16 AM  Show Profile Send airstreamnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tuna!

That is exactly what I have in mind. I don't feel the need to try to make my carbines matching. They are what they are. I try to avoid non US arsenal rebuilds as that is messing with history, and I will never own history, I'm just the temporary custodian.

It will be here tomorrow!!!!
Go to Top of Page

airstreamnut
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  11:34:57 PM  Show Profile Send airstreamnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, My IP came. It is in spectacular shape. The SA 10-51 barrel gauges a .5 and the stock is an Inland. It shoots well, as I took it to the range last night after disassembling, cleaning and carefully lubricating it. Ran 50 rounds of CMP Remington flawlessly and I even printed a 1.5" group at 25 yards offhand. Took it home, carefully cleaned it again, and it took it's rightful place in the safe. After looking for an IP for 20 years, I think I am one lucky guy!
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1376 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  4:43:19 PM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you!!!!!

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
M1a1's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
TSMG's-R-EVEN-MORE-FUN!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2