M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 Saginaw data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Loren Belflowers

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile Send Loren Belflowers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated w/ Frankg info.

Loren
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Echo5Charlie
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  9:54:10 PM  Show Profile Send Echo5Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saginaw S.G. 3.526mil. Undated Saginaw S.G. barrel. Appears all original.
Go to Top of Page

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  2:00:07 PM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Loren. Got my SAGINAW S.G. this week. No. 33500XX. Barrel is Inland 8-43, subcontracted by Brown-Lipe-Chapin BI. It's a postwar rebuild with S.A. birchwood stock and handguard, type III Barrel band, type III rear sight, type III mag catch, and flip safety. It was fittet with a black "german or dutch" sling with square brass tips. Would be nice if you could show us your list of SAGINAW Carbine serial numbers. Thank's. Greetings from europe.
Go to Top of Page

hunterman3
Advanced Member

126 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  8:04:43 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine is S'G' serial number 1.836XXX with Underwood barrel dated 8-43. All metal appears original and in near mint condition.
Go to Top of Page

marydick
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  10:19:10 PM  Show Profile Send marydick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loren, S.G. 3,545 has an undated Saginaw barrel.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Boyce
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2015 :  4:52:30 PM  Show Profile Send Bob Boyce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loren, I bought an M1 carbine last weekend at a gun show in FL. Dismantled to clean and noted the following markings for you.

Receiver: Saginaw S.G. with small SG on side and IV on bottom of front mounting lug. Serial number 3496736
Barrel: Unmarked and undated. Front sight stamped with A. Front clamp stamped with A inside of a circle. Has bayonet lug.
Hammer: LT-Q
Slide: Looks to be PI inside of a circle. The P is fairly visible while what looks to be I is very faint, could be a 1 or similar.
Rear Sight: Adjustable, stamped with H inside of a shield outline.
Safety: J.A.O.
Magazine Catch: Underlined M
Trigger Housing: B - EB where - is an odd looking dash shaped like a wide U with a downward tail on the left.
Stock: M-U in the sling cutout and UEF over GHD inside a square box on the opposite side.

Any info would be appreciated.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

aef1719
Starting Member

France
7 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  5:25:16 PM  Show Profile Send aef1719 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello : my SAGINAW S'G', left behind by a GI in '44 bears serial number 3.578.186, barrel was made by Buffalo , and is marked B.A. without date.

AEF1719
Go to Top of Page

Bob Boyce
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2015 :  5:54:22 PM  Show Profile Send Bob Boyce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More info from serial number 3496736. I disassembled the trigger housing and bolt to clean more deeply then applied preservant grease to everything, noted more numbers.

Bolt: Stamped with A
Firing Pin: Stamped with N-N
Sear: Early M1 type 1 I think, Stamped with 0-39
The rest of the parts not listed here or above are all unmarked.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2