M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 CMP M1 Carbines
 *Need some M1A1 Carbine knowledge*
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

3rdGenWarVet
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  11:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see 3rdGenWarVet's MSN Messenger address Send 3rdGenWarVet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently purchase a Inland M1A1 SN# 376839. If anyone could help me with the following I would greatly appreciate it:

What date was the firearm manufactuer

I am missing an authentic period folding stock and where I could get one.

Lastly, If anyone is interested, I would like to send pictures of the firearm with advice of restoration or repair. I also have a concern of a screw on the pistol grip, that it might not be a screw from that period the firearm was made.

Thanks in forward for any assitance
James
US Army retired

My deepest respect for those who brandish these arms and said, "I'll Go!"

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  1:20:12 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, how do you know it is an M1A1 if you do not have it's original stock?

You will find an original M1A1 stock now and then for sale on maybe ebay or gunbroker, expect to pay $1,000 and up. You can get a reproduction stock from either Northridge International or Sarco for $175.00 there are repros on ebay right now as well but never pay more then the $175.00 as you can get a new repro---sarco even has free shipping.

This is one from Sarco I got last week and just put on my Sep. 1943 Inland. The Sarco ones have the leather blacked out but I had to do a minor fitting to get the barrel band to lock in. I might look hard at the Northridge one if I had to do it again. The Sarco had a hand guard, like the NOrthridge I suspect, but the Sarco handguard did not match the stock, I put on a 2 rivet handguard just today that I had laying around.

I am no expert but if memory serves me (that is scary at my age) your carbine would have been made between April-June, 1943

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - cali201 on 04/25/2012 2:37:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3267 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  9:02:01 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About May 1943 for the date. What kind of stock is your carbine in now? Can you post some photos of it here on line so we can help you out?
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here you go,an original M1A1 stock---With the prices original stocks go for it is easy to fake one for sale on line, so be careful.

Edited by - cali201 on 04/27/2012 08:46:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

carbineone
Greenhorn Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  3:26:58 PM  Show Profile Send carbineone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am a little confused about the post,do you have a Paratrooper stock?Theres a stock for 2000.00 over on the CMP board.
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  5:07:42 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
guess he wanted to ask a question but does not want to answer any
Go to Top of Page

3rdGenWarVet
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  5:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see 3rdGenWarVet's MSN Messenger address Send 3rdGenWarVet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to those with genuine replies and source help.

If my original question was vague I apologize. I will get it out of the safe tonight and do a photo shoot.

I do have the paratrooper model because I do have the entire original pistol grip, forearm, and barrel shroud and hardware which holds the folding 'BUTT-STOCK' in which I am missing just the metal which would go in your arm pit.

cali201, addressing your passive aggresive attack on me refeering to all 3rd parties about my punctuality is a bit offensive and childish. I don't owe an explanation, but I will tell you I deal with a lot of residual physical injuries I often have surgeries for. So, taking a little long to recover and night respond right away is my right.

Thanks again to anyone who doesn't like to throw jabs from behind a keyboard.

JL
CW3, US Army retired

Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  8:10:36 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lighten up Francis

....and you are welcome for the links for the parts you need that I posted for you

Edited by - cali201 on 04/27/2012 8:57:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3267 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  9:38:11 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it seems you need the butt plate for your M1A1 stock. To be honest with you that will be very hard to find an original let alone a reproduction butt plate. I would suggest you try the auction sites like Ebay, Gunbroker and such as you might luck out and find one. Remember you will also need the spring for it too. Hope you do find one.
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1376 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  10:00:05 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome; I'll try to be helpful. Check inside your barrel channel, there should be an OI mark by the bridge. I am assuming that you are missing the wire folding section of the stock with the cheek pad and cat butplate. I have an aftermarket butplate if that is all you need.GK

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
M1a1's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

3rdGenWarVet
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  9:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see 3rdGenWarVet's MSN Messenger address Send 3rdGenWarVet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna thanks, yes you are correct I need the metal wire and butt-plate. I do have a lot of inside connections regarding my gunsmith status and a bunch of free time roaming gun shows.

Shadycon, I would put a replica buttplate on it to make it a complete firearm as I just wait out an old one popping up.

Caligirl, my name isn't Francis and I know you are 7 foot tall and bullet proof behind that computer screen, but your next post on my thread I will report you for harrasment on this forum, and put these guns down kids shouldn't be playing with them.
JL

Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  11:24:19 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is funny

LUF is a line from "Stripes"

Edited by - cali201 on 04/28/2012 11:43:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Harley08
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  6:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Harley08 a Yahoo! Message Send Harley08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys I own 3 Inland Paratroopers - If any one needs info or picts, Please email me at fxstbharley2008@yahoo.com
Dave
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2