M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Uncommon Variants
 Update to earlier Paratrooper Post
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sheridan803
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  6:47:47 PM  Show Profile Send sheridan803 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having some issues trying up post pictures I took so I'll describe what I found "upon further review".
Again the barrel is Underwood 12-43 flaming bomb with no markings on the front sight, a "P" stamped on top, about half way to the stock. No other markings on the barrel. Don't know what the "P" means.
There is a single dot stamped behind the bolt, i believe to be a required stamp upon successful test firing after rebuild?
The ring is a first series, has no hole in it, it slides completely over the tab and has no markings and the screw has two beveled edges.
The hand guard is stamped "O-RMC", which I believe is Rock-Ola.
I did find a stamp inside the stock where Tuna said to look, it's "OI or IO". Towards the tip there is a crop circle looking stamp, two small circles with a line attaching them like a barbell, one of the circles almost looks like a "Q", and right at the end there is either an "I" or an "H"
There are zero markings anywhere on the outside of the stock or grip.
Right above the trigger outside of where the hammer spring sets is stamped "Q-NI"
The rear sight is milled not stamped and has a stamp on the right side "P1".
The butt plate is very hard to make out. Best I can tell it says "257614" then what resembles a wheel or circle with lines in it, seems to be raised somewhat versus stamped, followed by "12"
Any tips on getting pics on here would be appreciated.
Thats all I've got for now, oh and I think I can make out above the serial # QU on the left and a C on the right, I'm guessing "QUALITY H.M.C." ??
Thanks everyone for your assistance, hope its warm where you're at.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  1:29:08 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would seem from what you have listed is that the stock and the metal are a USGI M1A1 stock. The OI is for Inland and the markings on the butt are correct. The hand guard would be Q-RMC and means it was made by Rock-Ola for Quality Hardware. The P on the barrel is the proof mark. The ring I take it is the barrel band? Your trigger housing is Quality Hardware. The rear sight was made for Inland. The parts that you now have were changed out during the rebuild it went through.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2