M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 CMP M1 Carbines
 Will CMP ever get more Carbines
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rock-Ola
Greenhorn Member

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  11:27:35 AM  Show Profile Send Rock-Ola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will CMP ever get more Carbines? What countrys still have our guns?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

rg1911

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  4:05:14 PM  Show Profile Send rg1911 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last report I've seen from the CMP says they do not expect to receive any more carbines.

That said, South Korea has a bunch (a million or two) of M1 carbines and M1 Garands they'd like to clear out of their storage and back to us. So far, Hillary Clinton has banned the return for various specious reasons that amount to back-door gun control.

So, right now, no more carbines. When we get rid of Hillary and company, who knows? However, my *opinion* is that even with a change in administration, the ban will not be reversed.

Richard

Go to Top of Page

Rock-Ola
Greenhorn Member

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile Send Rock-Ola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the inquiry. At this time we have no reason to believe we will ever receive any more carbines. It has been reported to us that there may be other countries with carbines, but we (CMP) has no way of knowing if the carbines are on loan or were purchased, or if the countries will ever declare them excess to their needs.

Orest Michaels

Chief Operating Officer

Go to Top of Page

Rock-Ola
Greenhorn Member

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  5:32:21 PM  Show Profile Send Rock-Ola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its is for sure now South Korea has a million of our Carbines and Garands. Obama signed a order blocking them from coming back. Here is a link to sign a petition to get them in.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

oldbrk42
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  6:02:17 PM  Show Profile Send oldbrk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like the idea of Hillary/Obama or anyone else denying the return of our collector grade WWII guns from South Korea but what would the return of those guns do to the value of the weapons that we purchased, within the last 3 or 4 years, from CMP?

OLDBRK42
Go to Top of Page

Desert Dan
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  1:32:08 PM  Show Profile Send Desert Dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drop them like a lead balloon.

Been there, Done that!
USN, VFW, DAV, PVA, NRA
Go to Top of Page

moreammoCIB
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  8:36:00 PM  Show Profile Send moreammoCIB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those people ar'ent true Americans. They never served in the U.S. Military and can't appreciate the true history of these heroic weapons. All they know about is sending our Brave troops in harms way. One Vietnam Combat Veteran Big red One !!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

mustanggt
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2011 :  9:27:53 PM  Show Profile Send mustanggt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It wouldnt bother me at all though it would drop the value of ones already purchased. I'd like to see everyone of those go to a good home here where they belong. It would be great to those that want to own a piece of our history like both M1s. I love our military arms and just love wrapping my hands around that piece of history.
Go to Top of Page

MNCop
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  8:52:53 PM  Show Profile Send MNCop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love how people love to blame the current administration for keeping those guns out of the USA. Don't forget that the executive order limiting re-importation of US military arms was signed by George H. W. Bush. Further limitations came from the Clinton administration. Also ATF rulings under the George W. Bush administration stopped the de-mil surplus rifle parts kits from including the barrel.
Go to Top of Page

tenthfla
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  10:37:57 PM  Show Profile Send tenthfla a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You signed up to defend the current bunch or gungrabbers? Nice try. The recent application from the ROKs could have been routinely approved - and was well on its way to just that- until the antis screamed about it. That had nothing to do with the decisions of any past administration.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3149 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  8:30:39 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are now letting the Garands back in, but not the carbines! Carbines have too large a mag capacity! Go figure.....

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler
son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Richardg
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile Send Richardg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimb16

They are now letting the Garands back in, but not the carbines! Carbines have too large a mag capacity! Go figure.....

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler

Have you heard if these are coming back through importers or through the CMP? (Haven't seen an announcement on the CMP site.)

Thanks,
Richard
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3149 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  7:32:01 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Importers.....CMP has nothing to do with them.

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler
Go to Top of Page

obparham
Starting Member

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  08:04:40 AM  Show Profile Send obparham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About four weeks ago I got a CMP news letter stating that they had around 2000 Garands for sale @ $625 ea. I thought it may have had something to do with the 87000 So Korean lot but that's not the case. Last week, another news letter said CMP would not be getting any of the imports, they would all be going to commercial importers.

Bruce

Edited by - obparham on 02/02/2012 08:05:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richardg
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  10:52:01 AM  Show Profile Send Richardg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In that case, we may want to be very cautious about purchasing them. According to a local 'smith who was either involved in the process or familiar with it (I forgot that detail), many (thousands of?) Garands and carbines were demilled by cutting the receivers and the parts buried. These were then dug up and receivers welded back together. The exterior may look perfect (after refinishing) but weld marks on the interior would be visible.

Note that I have *not* confirmed this information. I've known the 'smith for around 20 years and he's always been very honest and reliable. If I can get more information, I'll update this post.

Cheers,
Richard
Go to Top of Page

obparham
Starting Member

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  10:09:31 AM  Show Profile Send obparham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it hard to believe that the CMP folks would deal with that kind of stuff. But, in any event, we'll see; mine's due for Fed-Ex delivery next Monday morning. That afternoon it goes to the smiff for inspection.

Bruce

Edited by - obparham on 02/03/2012 10:10:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richardg
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  10:02:15 AM  Show Profile Send Richardg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The CMP wouldn't sell any items whose receivers had been cut and welded. I was commenting that *importers* might, especially if they hadn't heard this information or didn't check each rifle carefully.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

obparham
Starting Member

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  10:30:01 AM  Show Profile Send obparham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, sorry Richard; your comment did have me spooked a bit! As soon as the gun showed up yesterday, I striped it down and inspected the inside if the receiver, with a magnifying glass, looking for any signs of welding and, of course, found nothing. It even came in a nice, if large, hard plastic case at no extra charge. Fun times to come.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3306 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  11:44:21 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they had to use cut receivers to assemble carbines again they are in for a very expensive way to do it. Receivers are no longer allowed to be saw cut. They must be cut by touch in three places. Too much material lost in the cutting so it would be better to have someone make new receivers and then put them together. Nothing is going to happen with the carbines till after the next election. If there is a change of Presidents (and I hope there is)then you very well may see the carbines allowed in all 700,000+ of them.
Go to Top of Page

carbineone
Greenhorn Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  4:52:46 PM  Show Profile Send carbineone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Problem with the change of President thing is even if Obama loses we will have to have a Northeast Liberal named Romney and he is not a Firearms owners friend by any stretch of the imagination.

We are screwed!
Go to Top of Page

Rock-Ola
Greenhorn Member

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  12:54:43 PM  Show Profile Send Rock-Ola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to donate and help to get the M1 carbines in South Korea back to us where they belong. Rand Paul is working hard to help.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

CarbineBob
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  8:22:59 PM  Show Profile Send CarbineBob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing like posting on a long dormant forum post, but just last week Orest Michaels, COO of the CMP posted that they had obtained 1400 carbines that will be offered for sale sometime next year.

Bob
NRA Certified Instructor in Rifle,Pistol,Personal Protection in the Home & Reloading. NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3149 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  9:41:30 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then keep your eyes open. That number will last only a couple of days!

OGCA Lifer, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

stickhauler

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  01:59:57 AM  Show Profile Send stickhauler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somehow, I have a funny feeling that many of them will end up being auction items.
Go to Top of Page

hiker12

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  2:45:48 PM  Show Profile Send hiker12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the small arms treaty in place it screws collectors far as the ease of new collectables. But rest assure that the one's that we have will be worth more in value as well as historical value.
Go to Top of Page

Ohio Don
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  10:35:44 PM  Show Profile Send Ohio Don a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarbineBob

Nothing like posting on a long dormant forum post, but just last week Orest Michaels, COO of the CMP posted that they had obtained 1400 carbines that will be offered for sale sometime next year.

Bob
NRA Certified Instructor in Rifle,Pistol,Personal Protection in the Home & Reloading. NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

And that time is now. Well actually they have been coming thru since about Nov of last year. But you'll have to bid on them in the auctions like stickhauler figured. A couple have already gone for over $2500. Couple up there today are going to go at over $2000.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2