M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Bavarian Carbines
 My first Bavarian carbine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Milsurp Collector
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  9:34:10 PM  Show Profile Send Milsurp Collector a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought this "Bavarian" M1 carbine 2 weeks ago. This particular carbine was used first to the German Bavaria Forestry Police in the Swabia region of Bavaria, and then later by the Austrian Gendarmerie in Salzburg. At some point the stock and bolt were switched with other Bavarian carbines because neither number matches the receiver, or each other.

Thanks to Jim Mock for his excellent web site about these interesting carbines at You must be logged in to see this link.

Bavaria Forestry Police marking with S for Swabia

LGKSb indicates use by the Austrian Gendarmerie in Salzburg

Plum-colored trigger housing

jimb16

USA
3156 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice.....I don't have a Bavarian in my collection.....yet!

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler
son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

SMG1

USA
840 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  7:23:46 PM  Show Profile Send SMG1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice carbine, those are very interesting carbines that were basically left behind by the G.I. that carried them during the war and then re-issued to the German police forces postwar they are nice examples to add to a collection.
Go to Top of Page

ccandgc
Advanced Member

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  7:37:20 PM  Show Profile Send ccandgc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
one of the prizes in my collection is my Bavarain Border Police Winchester. It does not have that interesting purple park color tho.....nice piece, thanks for sharing!!

chad

-chad
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3322 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  2:22:44 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow they even changed the rear sight when they refinished it. You could use it on a nice Winchester if you needed to. Nice find.
Go to Top of Page

IVI1Carbine68

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile Send IVI1Carbine68 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I could have one of those...

Cheers! - Sam

A PROUD owner of Mosin Nagants (M44,M91/30), a USGI I.B.M. M1 Carbine, and a WWII USGI Springfield Armory M1 Garand.
Go to Top of Page

m1mike
Veteran Member

USA
2032 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  9:10:11 PM  Show Profile Send m1mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks almost new..........Great Carbine !!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2