M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General M1/M2 Carbine Discussion
 Whats your favorite M1 Carbine ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jimb16

USA
3149 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  5:50:02 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howa 'bout dat?

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

David13
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2014 :  7:28:11 PM  Show Profile Send David13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite is the Saginaw, but not the Saginaw prime Gear prime, which I understand is the Grand Rapids version.
I'm interested in the Saginaw version, from Saginaw.
For personal reasons.
Elsewhere I will list my recent endeavors to obtain one.
dc

Los Angeles area
Go to Top of Page

U42
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2014 :  7:04:51 PM  Show Profile Send U42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite is Standard Products. It is almost all correct with even minor wear on moving parts.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

David13
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2014 :  10:37:51 PM  Show Profile Send David13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
U42
I was just shooting a Standard Products last week. What a nice rifle. Excellent condition.
dc

Los Angeles area
Go to Top of Page

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2014 :  03:24:08 AM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did win a James River Armory "Rock-ola" carbine at the CMP matches this year. Looks like a well made carbine. I haven't messed with it yet. As far as "real" USGI carbines go I'll go with Saginaw
Go to Top of Page

MarkG
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2014 :  11:54:09 PM  Show Profile Send MarkG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Winchester, but only because if it weren't for them, there wouldn't be any carbines at all. It was their genius that created it, in record time, and their rushed prototypes used in the ordnance tests beat all the other designs hands-down. Pretty damn impressive, and more than that, it was unique. Nobody else has ever designed AND developed a weapon in so short a time, and one that went on to become the most-produced American small arm ever....

But as to favoring one over the other? I can't! I have three, and I want more, but I could never choose between the makes. I hope someday to have an example of each (but no favorites!)
Go to Top of Page

Gavin417
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  7:40:55 PM  Show Profile Send Gavin417 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
National Postal Meter all the way. I love mine!
Go to Top of Page

always learning

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2015 :  07:57:16 AM  Show Profile Send always learning a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Underwood due to the fact that they made excellent barrels (for almost everyone) and a really solid carbine overall. Winchester will always be liked for the name, but I've always thought them a bit overrated due to some of their manufacturing problems. Inland would my second choice if I had one. Not only did they make the most, but their efforts in developing the M1 carbine from the beginning till the end of production cannot be questioned.
Go to Top of Page

pacificpt
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2015 :  12:11:08 AM  Show Profile Send pacificpt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only have the Inland, but it is a beautiful unmolested correct one. Have to vote for it or it may get angry with me.

Wishing I had picked up a M1 Carbine years ago! Now I am trying to catch up.
Go to Top of Page

FPrice
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2017 :  08:22:28 AM  Show Profile Send FPrice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Inland.

Cuz that's the only one I own!

Go to Top of Page

LarryG
Greenhorn Member

40 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2017 :  7:10:52 PM  Show Profile Send LarryG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Winchester is my favorite, I really enjoy the look on the face of an M1 guy when I show it off.
Go to Top of Page

painter
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  5:10:55 PM  Show Profile Send painter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Winchester, because it's what I have.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3149 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  5:55:00 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like my AO/IBM/NPM!

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

hoowasat
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2018 :  6:06:22 PM  Show Profile Send hoowasat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted Rock-Ola ... have three of them and only one Winchester.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2