M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Second Amendment Forum
 John McCain: Conservative or Gun-Grabber?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deputy

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  5:40:09 PM  Show Profile Send Deputy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In case there are some that believe McCain is the lesser of 3 evils....think again!:

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - Deputy on 04/04/2008 7:16:13 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1923 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  5:45:46 PM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I'm starting to get nervous. Stop doing this to me Dep!!

MrJ

GCA & NRA Member
Type 03FFL C&R
Royal Order of the Bluenose
Vermont Republic

Go to Top of Page

Clyde from Carolina
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  5:56:57 PM  Show Profile Send Clyde from Carolina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's very sobering to think: there is nobody in our corner. Very sobering indeed.
Go to Top of Page

sabre2up
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  6:17:49 PM  Show Profile Send sabre2up a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last 8 years weren't all bad were they. This time next year they will be talked about as the good old days by gun owners
Go to Top of Page

Deputy

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  7:19:57 PM  Show Profile Send Deputy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sabre2up

The last 8 years weren't all bad were they. This time next year they will be talked about as the good old days by gun owners

Considering Dubya ran BOTH TIMES on the premise that he would actively HELP gun owners, and the only thing he did was passivly let the hi-cap mag ban sunset, he certainly didn't live up to his promises. The BEST thing he did was appoint John Ashcroft (an NRA member and strong gun advocate) Attorney General. But Bush left him dangling in the wind when the Libs attacked him and he got replaced with some real losers.

Edited by - Deputy on 04/04/2008 10:16:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

sabre2up
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  7:29:55 PM  Show Profile Send sabre2up a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's all true but I fear Dubya will, in hindsight, look like a gun owners best friend when the 2nd ammendments worst enemies get in the White House.
Go to Top of Page

Deputy

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  10:16:53 PM  Show Profile Send Deputy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sabre2up

That's all true but I fear Dubya will, in hindsight, look like a gun owners best friend when the 2nd ammendments worst enemies get in the White House.

There is that possibility. And all three of these stooges are anti-gun

Go to Top of Page

DAVEB47

68 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  09:45:20 AM  Show Profile Send DAVEB47 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
McCain would have to know that he would have a hard time getting conservative Republican support if he starts pushing anti-2nd ammendment legislation. Then again my biggest fear is that he will be working with the Dems on his legislation anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Deputy

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  10:36:01 AM  Show Profile Send Deputy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave: Yep...his willingness to compromise with Dems/Liberals is part of his "Maverick" image. He was one of the nitwits that wanted to close the "gun show loopholes", which would have effectively shut down ALL gun shows. And the Amnesty bill that the US public sreamed about was written by him and Mr. Liberal Teddy Kennedy. That type of "cooperation" is NOT something to be proud of or to look forward to.

Edited by - Deputy on 04/05/2008 10:36:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1923 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  6:53:04 PM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well guys at the risk of sounding like a broken record here, John McCain is our best choice of the three. Like it or not he is the GOP candidate. Hopfully he will get enough pressure from the right to stay the course against gun control. Who knows, a favorable ruling on Heller v. DC just might make further gun laws and AWB a moot point.

MrJ

GCA & NRA Member
Type 03FFL C&R
Vermont Republic

Go to Top of Page

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  7:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrJitters

Well guys at the risk of sounding like a broken record here, John McCain is our best choice of the three. Like it or not he is the GOP candidate. Hopfully he will get enough pressure from the right to stay the course against gun control. Who knows, a favorable ruling on Heller v. DC just might make further gun laws and AWB a moot point.

MrJ

GCA & NRA Member
Type 03FFL C&R
Vermont Republic

I have to echo this statement. Like I said we have some lousy candidates to vote for in this election - but with that said you vote for the lesser of all evils. What else can you do?

WarBaby
Go to Top of Page

Deputy

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  9:41:30 PM  Show Profile Send Deputy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure McCain IS the lesser of three evils. If we had someone like Hillary or Osama in there, we would KNOW that they are against us and the pro-gun forces would be mobilized to fight against them. I fear that the Manchurian Candidate would cause a lot of REAL Conservatives and pro-gun activists to actually believe the bull**** he is spewing that he is a Conservative. That may cause them to lower their guards or slack off their position, and then McCain could do an okey-doke with Teddy K. like he did with that damn amnesty crap.

Dep

Go to Top of Page

Saginaw79
Advanced Member

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  8:06:08 PM  Show Profile Send Saginaw79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IMO he will be far to willing to play ball w/ the Dems, and IIRC he was for reathorizing the AWB

Even if he didnt, hes still to willing to politic our rights away

Go to Top of Page

sabre2up
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  2:17:37 PM  Show Profile Send sabre2up a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what McCain would do if elected president but I'm damned sure OBama will be after legal gun ownership in ways never before seen in this country. Just about every reference he makes toward hunting or gun ownership is negative. If you want the second ammendment trashed and support European type gun laws for America, vote OBama. NOBama for me.
Go to Top of Page

Deputy

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  2:27:55 PM  Show Profile Send Deputy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still can't make up my mind between Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck. Or maybe the Aflac duck. He looks pretty Presidential.

Go to Top of Page

sabre2up
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  4:13:36 PM  Show Profile Send sabre2up a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, now you're making sense. Aflac Duck, Naw.
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  01:13:52 AM  Show Profile Send 46270 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But I would rather have mccain the hussin obama, he's got more anti 2nd in the short time he has been in the senate, thats scary, he mite take over for kerry & kennedy, think about it.

Edited by - 46270 on 09/27/2008 01:20:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3116 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  9:03:11 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you mean MIGHT???

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler
son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

dynamikey
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile Send dynamikey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obama loving Johnny is going to run again....Please tell me Im incorrect!!! :(
Go to Top of Page

Johannes
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  06:30:49 AM  Show Profile Send Johannes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say this with a warrior's prerogative; while I respect John McCain's service and his sacrifice many years ago, the plain fact is that nobody gets his brains beat out daily by the North Vietnamese for five years or more, and comes home right in the head. John isn't a maverick, he's erratic because he's crazier than die scheisshaus fledermaus.
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  12:58:29 AM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Johannes: I'm an old Vietnam-era Navy veteran myself and I agree. John McCain's "cheese has slid off the cracker". (Five years of torture has taken it's toll on his mind).

I'm afraid he needs to go to the "old soldier's home" and get out of politics.

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

"Spelling and grammar count". - Captain Obvious
Go to Top of Page

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1923 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2016 :  11:12:42 AM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, this thread is from the old days. I wonder where Deputy is these days.

I have never been a fan of John McCain. Back in 08 he was the lesser of the two evils. I too am a Viet Nam Navy vet so I respect his service to our country. No question there. A hero.

To me he is the consummate establishment politician. He let the veterans down big time, IMHO, with the fiasco with the VA in Phoenix. He could have and should have policed that much better and done something to help those guys and gals down there. Whatever respect I had for him previously, I have since lost it.

Resist Restore Rebuild
Vermont Republic

Edited by - MrJitters on 03/28/2016 11:14:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kilibreaux

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  06:18:36 AM  Show Profile Send Kilibreaux a Private Message  Reply with Quote
John McCain is the worst of two evils...he's a "politician" who will rule/vote against the American people in any and all ways that satisfy his corporate masters.
Go to Top of Page

Kilibreaux

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2016 :  05:24:53 AM  Show Profile Send Kilibreaux a Private Message  Reply with Quote
John McCain might have been a "war hero" but now he's a liberal Republican who "understands" the gun-grabbing intent of the left. Arizona needs to vote McCain OUT....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2