M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Misc. Firearms Discussion (M1 Garand, 1911, etc.)
 Favorite 1911 model .45 ( Why )
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  5:00:44 PM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
8th, I'm going out tonight to look/handle and teese myself with some 45's and I will take a look. I've had tales of Bersa being a great hand gun as well as not so great one. Will it eat anything you feed it ?

OGCA Life Member, NRA, GCA,
Dad of a NJROTC Shooting Team Member
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

8thAirForceRemembered
Advanced Member

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile Send 8thAirForceRemembered a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Pappy:

I instantly regretted selling my Bersa 45. The only issue, and a small one, is their mags are a little more expensive but how many do you need right?

I used all kinds of ammo and never had a problem.

Purchased a Bersa .380 a few weeks ago and intentionally took it to the range for an immediate torture test. No problems at all.

By the way the store where I bought the .380 told me they could not keep them in stock.

Election, Iran, gas prices, who can tell,....

Go to Top of Page

jjadkins1
Advanced Member

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  8:13:12 PM  Show Profile Send jjadkins1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Added a Springer GI model to my collection. My AO is starting to look expendable since a Bushmaster M-4 is looking good these days.

Go to Top of Page

ccandgc
Advanced Member

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  9:46:11 PM  Show Profile Send ccandgc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine is a good old 1911A1 US Army Model. Engraved by the crew of my Great Grandfathers riverboat in China, ca. 1932. According to the 1911 serial # decoder, it was manufactured in 1924. Is in great shape! 2nd is a Mk. IV(?) stainless steel. Fun stuff!

-chad
Go to Top of Page

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  7:46:03 PM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man you guys have all kinds of cool stuff.

I'm still looking and comparing. I volunteer at our local state shooting range, and I'm still liking that Springfield for the money and service....

Go to Top of Page

cphilip
Advanced Member

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  8:17:59 PM  Show Profile Send cphilip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My only one is the Springer Black Stainless Combat that the wife got me last Christmas. I love this thing.

I sort of have a hankering for a GI model too though.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

Larry D.
Advanced Member

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  10:11:42 PM  Show Profile Send Larry D. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a beautiful pair!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Bee
Advanced Member

174 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  4:43:56 PM  Show Profile Send Aunt Bee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My farorite is my NEW Springfield GI because---1.- I got it for $350 (inc tax) out the door! 2.- the salesman GAVE me 2,500 rounds of .45 reloads 3. it came from a LEADING national hunting & fishing store & 4. The salesman is my son!!!
Go to Top of Page

Devious6
Veteran Member

1059 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  4:47:59 PM  Show Profile Send Devious6 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aunt Bee

My farorite is my NEW Springfield GI because---1.- I got it for $350 (inc tax) out the door! 2.- the salesman GAVE me 2,500 rounds of .45 reloads 3. it came from a LEADING national hunting & fishing store & 4. The salesman is my son!!!

Can I adopt him for a day!!!???

Mark V
"If they're not shooting at you, you're not trying hard enough. Now move out and draw fire!"
Go to Top of Page

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  5:04:09 PM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aunt Bee: That's great.......... I just wish my son would get a job !!!!

Go to Top of Page

jjadkins1
Advanced Member

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  6:37:58 PM  Show Profile Send jjadkins1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrJitters

quote:
Originally posted by SMG1

i had a W.W.2 Springfield repop when they first came out wish i'd kept it. i would eat anything i feed it and was darn reliable. Springfield makes a good product and they won't hurt your wallet.

+1 on that. Check out this beauty:

MrJ

GCA & NRA Member
Type 03FFL C&R
Royal Order of the Bluenose
Vermont Republic

I have SA GI Model. It is a great shooter after I sent it back to SA to fix FTF's. Great shooter and a great buy. Great customer service from SA.

Go to Top of Page

rlex
Greenhorn Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  8:14:01 PM  Show Profile Send rlex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Rock Island 1911A1 that I got for my birthday 2 years ago. Even with the GI sights I shoot it better than my Sig 226 40 S&W and Beretta 92 Vertec. It has never given me any problems other than when I tried a box of Wolf (I shot 500 rounds of Wolf thru my M1 Carbines and never had a problem) and had a bad stove pipe at the range one day with - otherwise it likes everything. I replaced the wood grips with black plastic grips like were on our 45s in the NAVY the back in the 80s.

Sig 226 Stainless 40S&W

RIA 1911A1 & 92 Beretta Vertec

Happy Holidays

R/
Rob

Edited by - rlex on 01/10/2009 3:49:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Greymantle
Greenhorn Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  8:02:48 PM  Show Profile Send Greymantle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite 1911s... I'd have to make it a tie between my Colt Series 80 Gold Cup, and my Kimber TRL-RL II (Tactical Law Enforcement - Rail II). The first, because of its excellent fluted top (reduces reflection) and excellent trigger and target sights. The second, for its outstanding trigger and excellent barrel. (Sights are non adjustable combat tritium night sights, the Picatinny Rail allows fit of light/laser combos). Both are a bit too large for concealed carry, although the Colt now wears a Crimson Trace laser grip...

For CCW my favorite is the Commander-size Kimber Compact Stainless. Excellent barrel, outstanding trigger. Using the laser, it is astonishingly accurate at 25 and 50 yes, for a Commander...

NRA Life ** Army Veteran ** Combat Engineer ** Live Free or Die!

Edited by - Greymantle on 01/11/2009 8:04:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

mkk41
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  2:59:51 PM  Show Profile Send mkk41 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 2 pre-70 ('60 & '65) Colt National Match pistols. Accurate , reliable and superbly made. Probably Colts high water mark.

Go to Top of Page

z0n3d0u7
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  11:33:05 PM  Show Profile Send z0n3d0u7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Taurus PT1911, And with Hogue grips to fit my small hands, It is just as accurate as i am.
I have a friend with a kimber with a reworked trigger, And when he shot my box stock pt1911, He was upset he spent so much. The trigger on these taurus's are VERY nice. For $600 OTD, Im very happy with my purchase.. That p226 in .40 would be a good choice as well.
I paid just a hair over $615 for the 1911, a box of 50 lawman .45, and these hogue grips.

The glock, Ive hot a little less into, Even with the CTC and spare mag :)

Edited by - jimb16 on 08/21/2012 7:57:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Old Soldier
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  6:38:08 PM  Show Profile Send Old Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys I have a SigSauer P-220 (45 ACP) that I shoot monthly in IDPA matches and have NEVER had a malfunction and that is shooting hundreds of rounds thru it

I also shoot my Taurus PT1911AR in IPSC matches monthly and the trigger can't be beat IMO. It's like the old saying "breaks like a sheet of glass. There is absolutely NO creep. I thought about getting a 'trigger job' but IMO it can't be beat as is stands now in the stock form. The only problem I have had is finding holsters because of that rail for lites, lasers, etc. I love my Taurus :>)

Jim

James O. O'Kelley
Go to Top of Page

macgunner01
Advanced Member

298 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  07:30:23 AM  Show Profile Send macgunner01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine would have to be my '43-dated Colt A1: nothing unique about her, but she shoots like a dream!

One day, though, I'd love to restore my Remington UMC.

------------------------------------------
Carbine Club / GCA Member
"Carbine Guru in Training"
------------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page

Old Soldier
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  7:14:08 PM  Show Profile Send Old Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite 1911 is a TARUS 1911 AR because it is heavy and has a rail for lites, lasers, etc. I live in the South so it's stainless steel and is so highly polised it looks like chrome plating. I am glad that it looks that way because a friend had 1st choice but turned it down because he thought it WAS chrome. Lucky for me because I love it and shoot monthly IPSC, IDPA, and Bowling Pin matches and it has NEVER failed to function properly with hundreds ? maybe even thousands of rounds thru it :>) It was "worked over" at the factory and has a match barrel, trigger, etc. The only complaint I have with Argentian weapons is their 'thing' about safety. My 380 BRESA (great pistol) has a key to turn on/off to make it child proof and my 1911 has an allen wrench to turn the hammer on/off to be child proof. I understand this was done for the American market other wise their pistols are VERY fine and at a reasonable price :>)

Jim

James O. O'Kelley
Go to Top of Page

jjadkins1
Advanced Member

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  10:21:34 AM  Show Profile Send jjadkins1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got a nice Springer GI but had to send back to SA to get adjusted a month after I got it. They gave it an overhaul and sent it back in a week. It is a great shooter and will eat anything. They are made in Brazil and assembled in the US. The armorer at SA said mine was not finished properly so he did it. I was having FTF's and was putting rounds through trying to "break it in". It is now one of my favorite guns.

Go to Top of Page

padre

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  6:25:56 PM  Show Profile Send padre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
technically not a 1911(GI Issue) but a Government (commercial)
1951 Colt Government

Edited by - jimb16 on 08/21/2012 7:53:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3116 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess my 1945 Remington just slipped to second place. I got a Kimber pro covert II recently and "WOW!" does that thing shoot well!

OGCA Lifer, 03 Cruffler
son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

steveyacht
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  3:17:51 PM  Show Profile Send steveyacht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a few 1911 type 45's. My primary carry gun is a Kimber Pro CDP that is about 10 years old. Great gun for concealed carry. I have a Para Ordnance P14-45 Limited in Stainless that I use for USPSA events. Has had trigger modified, new sights, etc. Great gun and never let me down. Just sold a Para P12-45. Nice gun but prefer to carry the Kimber. Dan Wesson Pointman Match is another favorite when shooting in Limited 10 matches.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  7:10:25 PM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you guys and your Kimber's. Man I wish I had your money....lol. My home weapon is a Colt LW Commander 45. Bought it at an OGCA show in Columbus in the early 80's for $175.00 with 2 colt mags. It just fits me......It's also my CCW weapon when hunting in cold weather.

Go to Top of Page

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  7:14:41 PM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey padre nice Colt

Go to Top of Page

marcop
Starting Member

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  03:52:23 AM  Show Profile Send marcop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Colt 1991M1, series 80. It's my first firearm, and I like it very much!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2